Food for Thought is an Emergency Food Bag program for currently enrolled students at Gateway Technical College.
The Food for Thought program asks faculty and staff to refer students with hunger needs the Support Counselors for an appointment where their needs will be evaluated and referred to the appropriate support resources, which may include access to one of the emergency food bags.
This program is supported by DAAB Funding and Student Life, but in order to ensure we meet as many individual student needs as possible, we greatly encourage donations!
It is important to note:
- Students may receive one bag per semester.
- The bag of food contains healthy, nutritious food for 2-3 days for an individual student.
- We are limited to how many bags we can offer per semester.
- This bag does not eliminate students from receiving other food aid from surrounding pantries.
- All bags will include information on SALT, local food pantries, and programs in the community.
- We are NOT promoting directly to students! All faculty and staff will be notified about this program, and are encouraged to send students to Support Counselors for evaluation and resources, one of which may be an emergency food bag.
Food donations are intended to provide a student with two or three days of meals. Items donated should be from the following list, or similar items. Please no glass containers.