Optional Learning Objectives
Optional Serving to Learn Locally Preparation
- Faculty will understand how to teach the Serving to Learn Locally class.
- Faculty will be familiar with the textbook used in the Serving to Learn Locally class.
- Faculty will understand and be able to utilize the sustainable syllabus as presented by the Service Learning Center.
- Faculty will understand and be able to utilize the master set of materials, including, but not limited to, the faculty toolkit, student handbook, reflection and rubric toolkit, and articles as provided.
Optional International Service Learning Preparation
- Faculty will understand the responsibilities required for leading a group of students on an International Service Learning program and how it differs from a cultural or global enrichment program.
- Faculty will be able to effectively and clearly represent the responsibilities their students are accountable for before, during, and after an international service learning experience.
- Faculty will be able to accurately present information regarding the program in its entirety in regards to all international and service learning aspects.